Cinco is excited about the solutions Helm Instrument Company brings to the fastener industry. Helm offers a wide array of products from the simple and compact TMG-1200 to their new line of products for the thread rolling industry, the ThreadGard. Any Helm monitor can be retroactively installed on all machine types from single blow headers to multi-station formers, and with an amazing array of features, they are at a price point that doesn’t cost as much as the machine they monitor.
With just two frame mounted proximity sensors, the monitor can easily assess short or long misfeeds, cracked or broken inserts, fractured or rotated transfer fingers, double hits, dropped slugs, and, most importantly, increases in machine motor load.
It should not be enough that parts are protected, but your assets should be protected as well. This is what a quality process monitor can buy a customer. Even the best operators can’t watch everything all the time, and with the entire industry at max capacity, prolonged downtime resulting from unplanned repairs can be devastating. That is also why Helm offers unprecedented service coverage nation-wide.
One compact monitor for all machine types – from single blow headers to multi-station formers.
- Detects separation gap to within .00004 inches (1/1000mm) at speeds up to 1200 SPM.
- Three detection modes in one standard system – no extra modules or sensors are required for different machine types.
- Adaptive learn and Trend analysis operating modes – each with high and low alarm function
- Bar graph display shows positive or negative deviation between sensor and target.
- Alarm limits are automatically adjusted. No complicated programming required.
- High and low deviation setpoints are displayed at all times.
- Includes three separate parts counters – preset, batch and actual
- Built-in alarm detects decrease in RPM for early indication of problems with machine motor.
Applications for the Cold Heading Monitor
- One die one blow
- One die two blow
- Two die three blow
- Multi-station headers
- Bolt-makers and nut-formers
Cinco is proud that we always put our customers first, and for that reason, we are proud to offer Helm’s line of process monitors as our number one solution to fulfill your needs. You invest more than just money into your business, but a process monitor should still not cost as much as a cold header. If you want to see what has us excited for this partnership, reach out to a representative with any questions you may have.
ThreadGard Process Monitors
With over 60 years of experience developing monitors and control systems for manufacturers across different industries, Helm is proud to deliver their affordable solution for the Thread rolling industry, the ThreadGard®. Developed in collaboration with leading fastener manufacturers, the ThreadGard® is designed to deliver the functionality of a modern process monitor to virtually any new or used thread rolling machine currently in operation. The ThreadGard® takes advantage of industry standard features such as, job recipe storage, color touch screen display, history tracking, and intelligent diverter control, to deliver an affordable and quality product to the fastener industry at an unbelievable price.
- Adaptable Learning Alarm – Adapts trend sampling to reduce variability caused by process changes.
- Alarm History – Store the last 1,000 alarms in the onboard memory with date and time stamp.
- History Tracking – Stores most recent 40,000 strokes of tonnage for analysis.
- Intelligent Diverter Control – Consecutive fault counter automatically removes defective parts from batches.
- Job Recipe Storage – Onboard memory stores up to 1000 job recipes for quick recall with searchable parameters.
- Job Recipe Storage
- 7-inch Multifunction Touch Screen
- Supports Piezo or Strain Gauges
- Interactive Signature Analysis
- 2 Independent part counters
- Multi-level Password Protection
- 4 Channel Output